British Shorthair cats are very popular among cat lovers and if you want to adopt or own one and reside in or around Tennessee, USA you are at the ideal spot.
A great directory of Tennessee cat breeders and catteries that specialize in British Shorthair cats has been developed by our website. We have included all of the British Shorthair breeders’ contact details on the list so you can find your new kitty right away.
British Shorthair cats are popular for their cuddly appearance and calm nature. They are a modern variation of the common British cat that is native to Great Britain. The “British Blue,” a solid blue-grey coat with orange eyes, is the most famous of their many hues. These cats are very easygoing and friendly with their owners.
Wishing you luck in your search and hoping you discover what you’re looking for. Always conduct a thorough and in-depth search before purchasing a pet.
- List of British Shorthair Breeders In Tennessee
- History Of British Shorthair
- Tips When Choosing A British Shorthair Breeder Or Cattery
- How Much Does A British Shorthair Cost?
- Do British Shorthair Cats Make Good Pets?
- Find British Shorthair Breeders Near You
List of British Shorthair Breeders In Tennessee
The list of breeders and catteries in Tennessee, USA, that focuses on British Shorthair cats are shown below. For your convenience, all the contact information is listed.
|Sezmoi Cattery||Nashville, TN||(612) firstname.lastname@example.org||N/A|
|Carley’s Cattery||Nashville, TN||(615) 429-7693||N/A||N/A|
|Love at First Sight!||Nashville, TN||(615) email@example.com||https://www.lafspetadoption.com/|
Address: Nashville, TN
Phone number: (612) 481-9018
A small cattery in Nashville, Tennessee called Sezmoi Cattery specializes in breeding healthy British Shorthairs for both shows and as devoted companions. They are a young cattery with a small number of breeding cats. All of their cats and kittens receive individualized treatment as well as a lot of love and attention due to small numbers.
Address: Nashville, TN
Phone number: +1 615-429-7693
There are multiple kittens for sale from this breeder. The extremely modest program Carley’s Cattery NEVER uses cages. All cats are T.I.C.A. registered and PKD-1 negative. You can contact them to see whether they have British Shorthair kittens available or not.
Love at First Sight! Puppy and Kitten Adoption Center
Address: Nashville, TN
Phone number: 615 297-2464
Drs. Craig Prior and Grif Haber, two veterinarians from Nashville, founded this charity many years ago. They are not British Shorthair cat breeders or a cattery but to find out if they have any British Shorthair Cats available for adoption, you may get in touch with them.
History Of British Shorthair
The earliest records show that Romans kept the ancestors of the modern British Shorthair cats in their colonies during the first century AD to control mice, insects, and other critters. They are a very old breed of cat. The British Blue or English Type cat is the most well-known color variation of this cat, which was formed by selective breeding in the 19th century.
British Shorthair cat characteristics include a broad chest, stumpy legs, and rounded paws are characteristics of British Shorthair cats. They have short, blunt tails and are medium- to large-sized cats. In the British Blue variety, eyes are round and copper orange in hue, however, other colors are possible.
The coat colors of British Shorthairs are abundant and typically solid, including silver, cream, black, etc but there are bicolor varieties as well. These cats typically have extremely thick coats to keep them warm. Though less active, these cats have strong attachments to their owners.
Tips When Choosing A British Shorthair Breeder Or Cattery
Many people find buying a new cat to be a fascinating experience, but it is crucial to know who you are buying from. Here are some suggestions for selecting a British Shorthair cattery or breeder:
- Make sure the cat breeder or cattery you choose is registered with a cat breeding organization
- Their surroundings ought to be odor-free and tidy
- In order to prevent their cats from being able to go outside and contract illnesses and parasites from the environment, they need to have an escape-proof facility.
- A heating facility should be available for kittens
- Proper cat toys should be available for the amusement of kittens
- Up-to-date medical records should be available
- Feeding and water bowls should be clean
- Cats should have plenty of space
How Much Does A British Shorthair Cost?
British Shorthair cats are an expensive breed of cats. They can cost you about $800 to $2,500. Despite being low-maintenance cats, their price has gone up because of their association with celebrities. Kittens from a pure lineage can cost between $2,500 to $3,000. Age, quality, and location are other criteria that affect the purchase price.
Do British Shorthair Cats Make Good Pets?
British Shorthair cats are renowned for their mild and submissive nature and make incredibly devoted pets, other qualities include:
- British shorthair cats are less demanding and require little maintenance.
- The majority of their time will be spent lying down in their favorite spots throughout the house.
- They are not hostile, so you can easily pet and interact with them.
- They immediately form attachments to their owners.
- They don’t need continual supervision.
Find British Shorthair Breeders Near You
If you couldn’t find a British Shorthair breeder or cattery from the list above able to help, you can find listings for other British Shorthair breeders from different states across the U.S. by clicking the links below: