Looking for the perfect name for your new brown tabby cat? You’re in luck! I’ve put together a huge list of names for brown tabby cats – split by both male and female names.
Take a look at the lists below, I hope you find the perfect name!
Male Names for Brown Tabby Cats
- Dirty Harry
- Sir Smudgy
Female Names for Brown Tabby Cats
- Brown Eyed Susan
Unisex Brown Tabby Cat Names
Sometimes, you just want to go with a classic unisex kitty name. If that’s the case, here are some classic names to browse:
- Frankie (Franky)
What I Named My Brown Tabby
I actually have a brown tabby, so I thought I’d share what I named her.
The interesting thing is that she looks like a regular tabby from the front, but she has a splash of gray on the back of one of her legs.
People kept on pointing it out and saying that she’s got some dirt on her leg or something.
So, while she did start out being called ‘Tab-atha’, I know, what a classic boring name for a tabby!
Now she’s simply more commonly called ‘Splash’. Again, not the most original name, but I personally like naming cats after some kind of physical attribute.
Tips When Naming a Cat
Sometimes, you’ll just know when looking at your cat what name they deserve – other times, it’s a difficult task that can become stressful.
If you’re stuck on what to name your cat, here are some tips that will hopefully help:
- If you’re not sure that your cat has a strong male or female look, consider choosing a unisex name that will work for either gender.
- Do some research on your chosen name and make sure it doesn’t have any negative associations.
- Make sure the name is easy to say and spell – you’re going to need to write it down sometimes!
- Don’t rush yourself, it doesn’t matter if your kitten or cat doesn’t have a name for a few days (or weeks).
- Make sure the name sounds good when paired with your cat’s personality and appearance.
- It might find the perfect name picking a characteristic or physical attribute (I shared my story above how I did) and using that.
Good luck picking out the perfect name for your new brown tabby cat!
Is a Brown Tabby Rare?
In some places, brown tabby cats are rare, but this isn’t actually the case across the globe.
In fact, tabbies are one of the most common patterns and brown is one of the most common colors.
The interesting thing about tabbies is the variation in colors and patterns, that’s what gives so many of them a unique look.
While the tabby pattern is common if you take a close look at tabby cats, no two are exactly the same!
What Are Brown Tabby Cats Known For?
The brown tabby is known for its beautiful coat markings and, of course, its brown fur.
This color can range from a light tan to deep mahogany and the pattern can be anywhere from faint stripes to bold rosettes.
Tabbies, in general, are known for being loving and playful, but also a little mischievous – just like any good cat should be!
Do keep in mind that ‘tabby’ is the coat pattern and markings on a cat, it’s not a breed of cat.
So, if you’re looking for a lovable feline friend with awesome markings who’s always up for a game of catch the mouse, a brown tabby might just be the perfect pet for you!
More Cool, Funny, and Interesting Cat Name Ideas!
Didn’t find what you were looking for from the above list? Here are some more popular lists of cat name ideas for you to browse:
- 400+ Cat Names Ending in ‘IE’ or ‘Y’
- 56+ Aromatic Coffee Names for Cats!
- 36+ Yoga Cat Names for Yoga Lovers!
- 36+ Cool Icelandic Cat Names!
Image credits – Photo by christian wright on Unsplash