Fenbendazole Panacur for cats belongs to a class of medication known as anthelmintics used to treat various gastrointestinal parasites in felines. Fenbendazole is an OTC drug for cats, dogs and can be used with the veterinarian advice.
This blog post is a comprehensive guide about Panacur Fenbendazole for cats, its benefits, side effects, safe serving ideas and more.
Uses of Fenbendazole in cats
Fenbendazole is an effective drug for removing various types of intestinal parasites from animals. This includes roundworms, hookworm whip worms, tapeworms and species called strongyles. The Fenbendazole can also be used for the treatment of Aelurostrongylus and Paragonimiasis which infect the bronchial and lungs.
Panacur Dosage For Cats
The safe dosage of Panacur for cats is 50 mg/kg or 25 mg/lb for 3 consecutive days. For kittens the dose of Panacur 10% Worming Syrup is 0.5ml and 1 ml/kg for adult felines. The recommended amount of Panacur oral paste for cats is 2 syringe graduations/kg.
However for certain parasite infections and severity of the issue, your veterinarian can increase or decrease the dose and the duration of Fenbendazole for your kitty.
Panacur Liquid For Cats Dosage Chart by Weight
|Kg Cat Weight||lb Cat Weight||Panacur Liquid Dosage|
|2 kg and below||4 lbs and below||0.5ml|
|3 kg||6 lb||0.8 ml|
|4 kg||8 lb||1 ml|
|5 kg||11 lb||1 ml|
|6 kg||13 lb||1 ml|
Panacur Oral Paste for cats
The panacure oral paste comes with syringe plunger and has 18 graduations, each unit corresponding to 50 mg fenbendazole. The safe dosage of Panacur Oral Paste for felines is 1-2 syringe graduations/kg.
Panacur Oral Paste Dosage Chart For Cats
|Cat Weight kg||Cat Weight lb||Panacur Oral Paste dosage|
|2 kg and below||4 lbs and below||1 Graduation|
|3 kg||6 lb||2-3 Graduation|
|4 kg||8 lb||3-4 Graduation|
|5 kg||11 lb||4-5 Graduation|
|6 kg||13 lb||5-6 Graduation|
Panacur Fenbendazole Benefits for cats
Some benefits of Panacur Fenbendazole for cats include:
1. It is effective against a wide range of parasites, including both internal and external parasites.
2. It has a low risk of side effects and is generally well-tolerated by cats.
3. It is affordable and easy to administer, making it a convenient option for preventing and treating parasite infections in cats.
4. It can be used safely in kittens as young as two weeks of age.
5. It provides protection against re-infection with parasites for up to six weeks after treatment is completed.
Panacur Side effects in cats
Some potential side effects of Panacur Fenbendazole for cats include:
3. Loss of appetite
5. Weight loss
How to give Panacur 10% Liquid Suspension to Felines?
1. Draw up the required amount of suspension into the syringe.
2. Gently insert the syringe into your cat’s mouth at the side of their cheek.
3. Push the plunger down slowly, allowing your cat to swallow each dose.
4. Withdraw the syringe and give your cat a small treat to distract them from any aftertaste. Repeat this process until all of the suspension has been given.
5. You can also mix the safe dosage of the medication with your feline wet food.
You May Also Like To Read:
- Trazodone For Cats: 50mg-100mg Dosage Chart by Weight
- Clavaseptin For Cats Dosage Chart – 50mg Palatable Tablets
- Miralax For Cats: Dosage Chart by Weight
Panacur is safe and effective when prescribed by a veterinarian, but it can cause side effects in some animals. Fen Bench drug should not be used for pets with known hypersensitivities or allergies to the medication.
Because of its likelihoods towards nausea/vomiting after administration which may lead them being dehydrated due this lack-of water retention caused from vomiting along with other complications such as uncomfortable restlessness etc.
Fenbendazole can be used for pregnant and lactating felines safely. However take your vet advice first.