Dealing with a smelly cat litter box can be frustrating. You may feel like you can’t leave the room without gagging, and your cat is probably feeling the same way about her litter box. So how can you make your cat’s poop less smelly?
Fortunately, there are some things you can do to make the smell less intense. in this blog post i will share some of the proven tips that will help to reduce and almost vanished the stinky litterbox smell.
How to make cat poop less smelly
1) Use a high quality, clumping cat litter: Clumping cat litter will make scooping much easier and will also help to mask any smells
2) Keep the litter tray clean: Scoop at least once a day and completely empty and clean the tray every week
3) Sprinkle some baking soda on the floor: Sprinkling baking soda on the litter box will eliminate bad odor and kill germs.
4) Have more than one litter box: If you have multiple cats, provide them each with their own box to avoid any arguments.
5) Scoop the poop Daily: Scooping will help to keep smells down, it’s also much healthier for your cat.
6) Don’t forget to change the litter regularly: Depending on how often your feline uses it, you should aim to replace the contents every 1-2 months.
7) Try an Automatic self-cleaning litter box: Automatic cleaning litter box these can be pricey but are worth it for the convenience and lack of smells
8) Consider using a covered litter box: Felines covered litter box will help to trap in any odors
9) Keep your cats well-fed and Hydrated: A healthy diet will mean less smelly poop
10) Add some ventilation to the room: Whether it’s opening a window or using an air freshener, good airflow will help to disperse any smells
11) Try a natural Litter: There are many on the market made from things like wood shavings or corn which can do a great job of absorbing smells
If your kitten poop smells really bad follow these tips, you should find that your cat’s poop smells far less than it did before!
What makes cat poop extra stinky?
There are a couple of things that can make cats’ poop smell extra stinky. One is if they’re eating a diet that’s high in protein and fat, which can make the stool smellier.
Another is if they have an intestinal infection or parasites, which can also cause strong-smelling stool.
If your cat’s poop smells particularly foul, it’s a good idea to take them to the vet to rule out any health problems.
Why does male cat poop smell so bad?
There could be a few reasons of stinky poop of male cat. It could be diet related or something more serious like a digestive issue. If the smell persists, it’s best to take your cat to the vet for a check-up.
Why does cat poop stink up house?
Cats poop stinks up house because their poop contains a concentration of ammonia. Ammonia is a gas that has a very strong smell.
When cat poop dries, the ammonia concentration in the poop decreases, but the smell of the dried poop can still be quite strong.
What should I feed my cats for less smelly poop?
One way to help reduce smelly poop is to feed your cats a high-quality diet that is rich in protein and low in carbohydrates.
You can also add probiotics to their diet, which can help with digestive health.
Finally, make sure they have plenty of water to drink to keep them hydrated and help prevent constipation.
Probiotics for Smelly Cat poop
Try the below recommended probiotics for smelly cat poop:
FERA Probiotics for Dogs and Cats
You May Also Like To Read: