If you’re a cat owner, then chances are you’ve had your fair share of battles with your feline friend over territory. One of the most contested areas is Your television. This can be a problem if you have a flat screen TV, as cats can easily scratch or dent the screen. So How to keep cats off TV Screen?
Luckily, there are several ways to keep your cat off of the TV. In this post, we’ll share some of the proven tips on how you can protect your Flat TV screen from a cat?
How to keep cats off TV screen?
With the below 9 proven tips you can keep your kitty off TV Screen.
1. Use a TV cover: This is a simple and effective way to keep your cat from getting to the TV. There are a variety of cat proof covers available, so you can find one that fits your TV perfectly.
2. Change up your Routine: If your cat is used to seeing you watch TV at certain times, they may try to jump on the screen in an attempt to get your attention.
Try watching TV at different times or in different rooms to break their association with the television.
3. Keep them Entertained: A bored cat is more likely to want to explore (and scratch) your TV, computer screen. Make sure they have plenty of toys and playtime to keep them occupied.
4. Provide Scratching posts: Cats love to scratch, so give them an alternative. Place a scratching post or cat tree near the television so they can scratch to their heart’s content.
5. Try a cat Deterrent spray: Deterrent sprays contain a scent that cats find unpleasant. Spray it around the perimeter of your TV to create an invisible barrier that will keep them away.
6. Place the TV on a place where your pet cant approach: By physically blocking your cat’s access to the flat screen TV, you can deter them from trying to jump on it. Place the TV on a high shelf or piece of furniture that they can’t reach.
7. Block their access to the TV: If your kitty is determined to get to the TV, you may need to take some physical measures to block their access. This could involve rearranging furniture or using baby gates.
8. Don’t put the TV in cats Territory: If your cat has a certain room or area that they consider to be their territory, try to avoid putting the TV in this space. Cats are very territorial creatures and may feel the need to defend their space from the television.
9. Give them an alternative perch: If your feline friend likes to watch television with you, provide them with a special perch next to the screen where they can safely enjoy the show.
Why is my cat obsessed with my TV?
There are few reasons that make your feline pet obsessed with your television.
1. The movement on the screen may resemble that of prey, which can trigger your cat’s hunting instincts.
2. The flickering lights and colors may also be visually stimulating for your feline friend.
3. The warmth of the television, computer or other electronic device may also be appealing, especially if your cat likes to lounge in sunny spots.
4. If you often watch favorite shows or movies with your kitty nearby, they may start to associate the television with your presence and attention, which can be comforting for them.
5. Loud sounds or music may also be appealing to your cat’s sensitive hearing.
6. If you tend to treat your cat kindly when they are near the TV (perhaps giving them treats or petting them), this positive reinforcement may cause them to develop a strong association between the TV and good things happening.
How do I cat proof my TV?
You can make your TV Screen cat and dog proof by the following Tips:
1) Use screen protectors to make your screen scratch proof.
2) Keep your cat’s nails trimmed.
3) Put double-sided tape or Sticky Paws on the areas you don’t want your cat to scratch.
4) Provide your cat with a scratching post or other object that is okay to scratch.
5) Use a tv cover when you’re not using the scree so your kitty can’t get to it.
6) Talk to your veterinarian about products that can deter your cat from scratching.
7) Reward your cat when it uses the scratching post or other approved object.
8) Never punish your cat for scratching, as this could make the problem worse.
9) Consult animal behaviorist if the problem persists.
You May Also Like To Read:
- Why do cats paw and scratch around their food?
- What does it mean when cats lick each other?
- How much should cats hiss when meeting?
Why does my cat jump in front of the TV?
There are a few reasons your kitty might jump in front of the TV.
1. Your cat may be curious about the moving images on the screen. Cats are naturally curious creatures, and they may want to investigate what’s causing the movement.
2. They enjoy the attention they get from you when they interrupt your viewing. Some cats simply enjoy being in the spotlight and will do anything to get your attention.
3. Your cat is trying to tell you something by jumping in front of the TV. They may be hungry or thirsty, or they may need to use the litter box.
Why does my cat hate the TV?
Your feline friend may hate TV for few reasons such as they’re afraid of the strange noises it makes, or they don’t like all the bright colors and movement. It’s also possible that your cat just doesn’t understand what the TV is and is therefore suspicious of it.